Sunday, August 07, 2005

It is wedding time here in Seattle!

Heath and I are here for his brother Michael’s wedding. Today, he is marrying an all around beautiful and very sweet woman, Rachel!



Yesterday the whole Wilhoit family went to this gorgeous park for family pictures, did a little shopping, and went downtown Seattle for shopping at Pikes Market and then to the rehearsal dinner. It was a full but good family day!

Friday Heath started cooking early for the bachelor party, I hear they had a great time and great food. I spent time with the twins and then Nick and Alyssa so graciously let me borrow their car. So we drove up to Tacoma, I dropped them off and drove up to the airport to pick up aunt Tammie. We had a great time together, while waiting for the Wilhoit’s and grandmothers to get in.



Thursday night we got to meet Rachel and Michael for dinner. It was so good to be able to meet her and talk and really share our hearts and even a few tears together. They asked how Heath and I were doing with his deployment and shared a very heartfelt concern for us and said that they feel and hurt for us. It was very sweet. So my first impression besides the constant quick eye contact and then a quick look-away (both trying to check one another out but not stare) was a very tender and compassionate woman.

I am very excited for them, I think they are great together and so happy! I am just so excited to get to know her over the years as a new sister and friend.

No comments: